Independent validation of your Safety Related Control Systems
“Validation should be carried out by persons independent of the design of the safety-related part(s).” EN ISO 13849-2:2012 Clause 4.1
Health & Safety Compliance Engineering, having been actively involved in the development of standards for functional safety, offers independent validation and analysis of your safety control system designs for machinery.
The purpose of the validation process is to determine the reliability (the Performance Level) and confirm the conformity of the design of the safety related parts of the control system within the overall safety requirements of the machinery and demonstrate that each safety-related part meets the requirements of the European Harmonised Standards EN ISO 13849-1:2008 and EN ISO 13849-2:2012 ”Safety of machinery — Safety-related parts of control systems”.
EN ISO 13849 requires that validation should be carried out by persons who are independent of the design of the safety-related systems.
This validation process should be started as early as possible and in parallel with the design, so that problems can be corrected early whilst they are still relatively easy to correct.
The validation and analysis carried out by Health & Safety Compliance Engineering is based on a validation plan which includes:
• Examination of the specification requirements;
• The operational and environmental conditions;
• The Performance Levels required of the safety-related systems;
• The architecture used in the design of the safety-related systems;
• The safety principles applied in the design of the safety-related systems;
• The components used in the safety-related systems;
• The fault assumptions and fault exclusions to be considered;
• The methods of analysis;
• The tests to be applied.
for details click here
Tel: + 44 (0)7860 231 287